It’s Day 2 of my 30-day Loving Kindness Challenge and today’s affirmation is:
Today I recognize the many good qualities I have.
When I told my husband, he said that I have so many that one couldn’t possibly scroll far down enough to see the whole list. All right, go ahead: roll your eyes. It’s OK. I’ll wait.
It’s very sweet of him to say that and I hope he honestly does feel that way. I have a feeling that he really does.
It was a very busy day for me so I haven’t spent a lot of time thinking about my good qualities, except while driving to and from work. I find that I do some of my best thinking in the car. And in the shower. Neither of these is well-suited to making notes as the thoughts come to you.
But because I said I was going to write a post with every affirmation, I’m going to do my best to come up with a few right now.
- I’m a generous person, both with my time and my money.
- I’m loyal.
- I learn things pretty quickly and usually complete tasks ahead of schedule.
- I’m a good cook although certainly not an expert in the kitchen. At work I’m famous for my homemade salsa — my salsa gift basket has been known to cause bidding wars in the office benefit raffle.
- I have an eye for composing shots despite not being a technically-savvy photographer.
- I’m easy going and get along well with almost everybody.
It’s harder to come up with good physical qualities, but I guess that’s part of the whole idea, so here’s what I came up with:
- I have pretty hands: long, thin fingers with small wrists.
- I have lots of thick hair; while not the easiest to style and every day the streaks of gray become more prominent, I’ve got lots of it.
- I lost forty pounds last year and I have managed to stay within five pounds or less of that for a year now and I have a “normal” BMI.
- i like my neck. Not really sure why.
So while you probably didn’t have to scroll that much to read this list, I was able to come up with ten good qualities. Not too bad.
Have you made your list yet? What are your good qualities?